Can this product go outdoors?
The Motion Sensor is not designed to be exposed to the elements. We don’t recommend it for outdoor use.
How many do I need?
That depends on the size of your home! 1 Motion Sensor covers approximately 1 room, with a range of 15 feet and an arc left and right of 60°. It can’t detect through doors or walls.
Will my dog set off the alarm?
Our pet-rejection technology should keep most pets from setting off your Motion Sensor. Follow our pet-parent mounting instructions when you mount your sensor to minimize false alarms.
Do I need WiFi?
Yes! Kangaroo Motion Sensors require WiFi to work.
Where can I get more information?
Size & Dimensions:
• Height: 3.55 in (9.0 cm)
• Width: 1.55 in (3.9 cm)
• Depth: 0.70 in (1.8 cm)
• Weight: 2.37 oz (67.2g)
2 x AA batteries (included). Up to 1 year battery life.
• Detects motion up to 15 feet (4.6m) away
• Peel-and-stick installation
• No hub required. Connects seamlessly to your home WiFi network
• Built-in pet rejection for pets up to 2’ 4” (0.7m) tall
• Motion sensing (120° field of view, up to 15ft away)
• Tamper detection
• Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n, 2.4GHz (WEP, WPA, or WPA2 encryption) compatible router.
• Mobile device with iOS 10.0 and above or Android 5.0 and above.
• Active Internet and cellular connections are required on the mobile device.
• Alarm monitoring service requires subscription.
• For indoor use only.
• Sends alerts to you, members of your household, or your neighbors if motion is detected.
• Pro-monitoring enables the alerts to be automatically sent to emergency services. Alert response can be customized via Kangaroo Security app.