Motion + Entry Sensor
How many do I need?
That depends on how many doors and windows you have. In general, one sensor placed on every main door into your home, as well as one sensor for every ground-floor window, will keep you safest. But it’s up to you!
What is the Kangaroo button for?
The Kangaroo button is used for a few things. It lets you temporarily disarm your sensors from Arm Doors & Windows mode, leaving you 10 seconds to open the door or window. Once opened, the sensor will remain disarmed until you close it, at which point you have a 1-minute grace period before it re-arms doors & windows.
If you hold the Kangaroo button down for 15 seconds, it will reset that sensor.
I want to monitor entry but not motion. Will this product work for me?
Yes! In Armed Doors & Windows mode, the sensor monitors only entry. If you'd like to monitor motion but not entry, don't mount the magnet.
Do I need WiFi?
Yes, you need WiFi.
Where can I get more information?
Size & Dimensions:
• Height: 3.55 in (9.0 cm)
• Width: 1.55 in (3.9 cm)
• Depth: 0.70 in (1.8 cm)
• Weight: 2.37 oz (67.2g)
2 x AA batteries (included). Up to 1 year battery life.
• Detects motion up to 20 feet (6m) away
• Peel-and-stick installation
• No hub required. Connects seamlessly to your home WiFi network
• Built-in pet rejection for pets up to 2’ 4” (0.7m) tall
• Motion sensing (110° field of view, up to 20ft away)
• Tamper detection
• Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n, 2.4GHz (WEP, WPA, or WPA2 encryption) compatible router.
• Mobile device with iOS 10.0 and above or Android 5.0 and above.
• Active Internet and cellular connections are required on the mobile device.
• Alarm monitoring service requires subscription.
• For indoor use only.
• Sends alerts to you, members of your household, or your neighbors if motion or entry is detected.
• Pro-monitoring enables the alerts to be automatically sent to emergency services. Alert response can be customized via Kangaroo Security app.